PCA Peel® Treatment Protocol
These three peel solutions soften the appearance of surface lines around the eyes and nasolabial folds, as well as help promote a clear complexion, smooth skin texture, and even skin tone. They are especially beneficial for oily skin. These blends combine AHA and BHA with kojic acid, (with or without hydroquinone) with a modified Jessner’s solution to address uneven skin tone from sun damage and hormonal changes. AHA and melanogenesis inhibitors suppress the chain reaction responsible for the creation of new melanin. Resorcinol and hydroquinone are optional in these formulas.
- Citric Acid an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) naturally found in citrus fruits.
- Hydroquinone (HQ) helps to promote an even skin tone.
- Kojic Acid helps promote an even skin tone.
- Lactic Acid an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) naturally found in milk and sugars. It is part of the skin’s natural moisturizing factor (NMF) and moisturizes the skin.
- Resorcinol a flaking agent.
- Salicylic Acid a calming lipophilic beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps promote a clear complexion.