1. Facial Wash Oily/Problem – Cleanse the area of treatment thoroughly, remove with warm water and pat dry.
2. Blemish Control Bar – Create a lather and apply to the area of treatment and allow to sit on the skin for two minutes. Remove with warm water and pat dry.
3. Nutrient Toner – Apply with a cotton pad to prep the skin. Allow the skin to dry. This product may sting or tingle on some individuals. Asses sensitivity by asking the patient, “On a scale of one to ten, ten being extremely active, how do you rate this sensation?”
4. Steam – You may turn on your steamer at this time and leave it on for the duration of the massage (remember not to combine steam with any other PCA SKIN® peels).
5. Detoxifying Pore Treatment – Before using, gently agitate the product and dispense a generous amount into your peels dish. Using your small fan brush, apply onto the areas of treatment, concentrating on areas of breakouts, if any. Using gloved hands, gently massage the product into the skin for approximately five to eight minutes. You may apply more Detoxifying Pore Treatment to continue your massage if product dries on the skin. This is typically not necessary if using in conjunction with steam.
- Use the scale of 1 to 10 to gauge sensitivity. Fan the skin to keep the patient cool. Allow Detoxifying Pore Treatment to penetrate. The skin will have a slightly flushed appearance.
- The maximum number of layers is one.
6. Extractions – If needed, you may now perform gentle extractions. Impurities should be purged from the follicles with ease.
- Using a cotton pad, swipe the areas of extractions with Smoothing Toner to clean and soothe any inflammation that is present. (You may use Nutrient Toner on sensitive skin types).
7. After the Detoxifying Pore Treatment has been absorbed into the skin or after extractions, customize the protocol with a combination of corrective daily care products to address your patient’s particular concerns and skincare goals. A suggested combination to soothe the redness post-extraction, encourage healthy epidermal cell growth and provide light hydration would be to blend one or two pumps of each Anti-Redness Serum, Rejuvenating Serum and Hydrating Serum and apply to the entire treatment area.
Hydrate & protect
8. ReBalance and Weightless Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 45 – Complete the treatment with this combination to calm, hydrate and protect the skin from UVA and UVB exposure.
9. Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster – Finish with a liberal application to improve hydration and reduce the appearance of lip lines. Note: Apply Weightless Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 45 prior to applying Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster to protect the lips from UVA and UVB exposure.