1. BPO 5% Cleanser and Creamy Cleanser – Combine equal parts and cleanse the area of treatment thoroughly, remove with warm water and pat dry.
2. Nutrient Toner – Apply with a cotton pad to prep the skin. Allow the skin to dry. This product may sting or tingle on some individuals. Assess sensitivity by asking the patient, “On a scale of one to ten, ten being extremely active, how do you rate this sensation?”
3. Clarify: Therapeutic Salicylic Acid Mask or Retexturize: Therapeutic Pumpkin Mask – Apply a thin layer to the area of treatment using gloved hands, enough to cover the face. Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Allow Clarify to remain on the skin for up to 10 minutes; Retexturize up to 2 minutes. Remove completely with cotton pads moistened with warm water.
It is not recommended to mix these masks together as it would be too active for most patients. Using these at two-week intervals would be a better option.
Note: If the patient is dry or more sensitive to the activity of either mask, you may mix them with equal parts of the Hydrate: Therapeutic Oat Milk Mask.
4. Hydrating Toner – Apply with a cotton pad to remove any excess. Allow the skin to dry.
5. After removing the mask, customize the protocol with a combination of corrective daily care products to address your patient’s particular concerns and skincare goals.
- For example, if the patient’s acne is grade 1 or 2, Acne Gel may be applied; If acne is grade 3 or 4, Acne Cream may be applied.
- A suggested combination to hydrate the skin and soothe any inflammation from breakouts or residual redness would be to blend one or two pumps each of Anti-Redness Serum blended with Hydrating Serum and applied to the treatment area.
Hydrate and Protect
6. Clearskin, ReBalance and Daily Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ – Complete the treatment with this combination to calm, hydrate and protect the skin from UVA and UVB exposure. (Hydrator Plus Broad Spectrum SPF 30 may be used if skin is dry).
7. Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster – Finish with a liberal application to improve hydration and reduce the appearance of lip lines.
Note: Apply Hydrator Plus Broad Spectrum SPF 30 prior to applying Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster to protect the lips from UVA and UVB exposure.