1. Facial Wash Oily/Problem and Creamy Cleanser – Combine and cleanse the area of treatment thoroughly, remove with warm water and pat dry.
2. Smoothing Toner – Apply with a cotton pad to prep the skin. Allow the skin to dry. This product may sting or tingle on some individuals. Assess sensitivity by asking the patient, “On a scale of one to ten, ten being extremely active, how do you rate this sensation?”
3. PCA Peel® (select appropriate PCA Peel® formulation based on skin type and concern)
- Before using, gently agitate the product. Apply the first layer with a cotton pad.
- Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Fan the skin to keep the patient cool between layers. If the patient responds six or higher, do not proceed with another layer. If the patient’s response is between one and five, proceed with another layer.
- Wait until the patient’s sensitivity begins to subside before applying the next layer. The patient will begin to rate lower on the scale of one to ten approximately one to five minutes after each layer is applied.
- The total number of layers is determined by the needs, goals and individual sensitivity of the patient.
- The maximum number of layers is six.
4. After the peel solution has been absorbed into the skin, customize the protocol with a combination of corrective daily care products to address your patient’s particular concerns and skincare goals. A suggested combination to target wrinkles and advanced aging skin, is to spot-treat areas of deep wrinkling with one to two pumps of ExLinea® Peptide Smoothing Serum and allow to absorb into the skin. Apply a combination of one to two pumps Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum and a pea-sized amount of C&E Advanced to provide instant and long-term hydration, stimulate collagen and elastin production and brighten the skin. To target wrinkles in the delicate eye area, apply a small amount of either Ideal Complex® Revitalizing Eye Gel or Ideal Complex® Restorative Eye Cream around the eye, as well as under the eye and on the eye lid.
Note: for a more advanced treatment and to encourage deeper penetration of each corrective, apply them one at a time, between layers of peel; for example, one pass of peel followed with ExLinea® Peptide Smoothing Serum, another pass of peel followed with Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum, etc.
Retinoid booster (optional)
5. 4% Pure Retinol Peel – Before opening the packette, follow instructions regarding occluding areas where you do not want the peel to travel. Open the full packette and dispense the peel into gloved hands. Gently spread the product over the area of treatment, keeping the application even and thin. Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Most patients will not have any sensitivity to this professional treatment upon application, rather, they will experience a soothing sensation, followed by a higher degree of visible exfoliation for a week to ten days.
Hydrate and Protect
6. HydraLuxe and Hydrator Plus Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – Complete the treatment with this combination to calm, hydrate and protect the skin from UVA and UVB exposure.
7. Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster – Finish with a liberal application to improve hydration and reduce the appearance of lip lines.
Note: Apply the Hydrator Plus Broad Spectrum SPF 30 prior to applying Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster to protect the lips from UVA and UVB exposure.