1. Facial Wash Oily/Problem – Cleanse the area of treatment thoroughly, remove with warm water and pat dry.
2. Pigment Bar® – Create a lather and apply to the area of treatment and allow to sit on the skin for two minutes. Remove with warm water and pat dry.
Note: If acne is still present Blemish Control Bar may be used instead.
3. Smoothing Toner – Apply with a cotton pad to prep the skin. Allow the skin to dry. This product may sting or tingle on some individuals. Assess sensitivity by asking the patient, “On a scale of one to ten, ten being extremely active, how do you rate this sensation?”
4. PCA Peel® with or without hydroquinone
- Before using, gently agitate the product. Apply the first layer with a cotton pad.
- Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Fan the skin to keep the patient cool between layers. If the patient responds six or higher, do not proceed with another layer. If the patient’s response is between one and five, proceed with another layer.
- Wait until the patient’s sensitivity begins to subside before applying the next layer. The patient will begin to rate lower on the scale of one to ten approximately one to five minutes after each layer is applied.
- The total number of layers is determined by the needs, goals and individual sensitivity of the patient.
- The maximum number of layers is six.
5. After the peel solution has been absorbed into the skin, customize the protocol with a combination of corrective daily care products to address your patient’s particular concerns and skincare goals. A suggested combination to target post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, inflammation, glycation and provide antioxidant protection is to spot-treat areas of hyperpigmentation with one or two pumps of Pigment Gel ® HQ Free and allow to absorb into the skin. Apply one to two pumps of Vitamin B3 Brightening Serum blended with a pea-sized amount of C&E Advanced to the entire treatment area.
Retinoid Booster (optional)
6. Advanced Treatment Booster (two pumps) and Intensive Brightening Treatment: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night (pea-sized amount) – Blend together and gently spread the product over the area of treatment, keeping application even and thin.
Note: If this step is not performed, then Intensive Brightening Treatment: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night may be applied during the correct step.
- Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Most patients will not have any sensitivity to this product.
- The maximum number of layers is one.
Hydrate and Protect
6. ReBalance and the appropriate PCA SKIN® broad spectrum SPF product – Complete the treatment with this combination to calm, hydrate and protect the skin from UVA and UVB exposure.