1. Facial Wash Oily/Problem – Cleanse the area of treatment thoroughly, remove with warm water and pat dry.
2. Pigment Bar ® – Cleanse the area of treatment, allowing the lather to remain on the skin for approximately two minutes. Remove with cotton pads dampened with warm water.
Note: If acne is still present Blemish Control Bar may be used instead.
3. Smoothing Toner – Apply with a cotton pad to prep the skin. Allow the skin to dry. This product may sting or tingle on some individuals. Assess sensitivity by asking the patient, “On a scale of one to ten, ten being extremely active, how do you rate this sensation?”
4. Customize the protocol with a combination of corrective daily care products to address your patient’s particular concerns and skincare goals. A suggested combination to target post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, as well as inflammation and glycation, spot-treat areas of hyperpigmentation with one or two pumps of Pigment Gel® HQ Free and allow to absorb into the skin. Apply one to two pumps of Vitamin B3 Brightening Serum to the entire treatment area.
5. Using a cotton-tipped applicator, apply Skin Procedure Ointment around the orbital bone, nostrils, and the vermillion border to avoid product migration.
6. 4% Pure Retinol Peel – Before opening the packette, follow instructions regarding occluding areas where you do not want the peel to travel. Open the full packette and dispense the peel into gloved hands. Gently spread the product over the area of treatment, keeping the application even and thin. Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Most patients will not have any sensitivity to this professional treatment upon application, rather, they will experience a soothing sensation, followed by a higher degree of visible exfoliation for a week to ten days.
Hydrate and Protect
7. ReBalance and the appropriate PCA SKIN® broad spectrum SPF product – Complete the treatment with this combination to calm, hydrate and protect the skin from UVA and UVB exposure.11277