1. Facial Wash Oily/Problem – Cleanse the area of treatment thoroughly, remove with warm water and pat dry.
2. Blemish Control Bar – Create a lather and apply to the area of treatment and allow to sit on the skin for two minutes. Remove with warm water and pat dry.
3. Smoothing Toner – Apply with a cotton pad to prep the skin. Allow the skin to dry. This product may sting or tingle on some individuals. Assess sensitivity by asking the patient, “On a scale of one to ten, ten being extremely active, how do you rate this sensation?”
4. Sensi Peel® or PCA Peel® Hydroquinone Free
- NOTE: These may be used together – one applied on top of the other – however, it is recommended to have the patient experience each peel separately before combining them in the same treatment.
- Before using, gently agitate the product. Apply the first layer with a cotton pad.
- Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Fan the skin to keep the patient cool between layers. If the patient responds higher than a six, do not proceed with another layer. If the patient’s response is between one and five, proceed with another layer.
- Wait until the patient’s sensitivity begins to subside before applying the next layer. The patient will begin to rate lower on the scale of one to ten approximately one to five minutes after each layer is applied.
- The total number of layers is determined by the needs, goals and individual sensitivity of the patient.
- The maximum number of layers is four for Sensi Peel® and six for PCA Peel® Hydroquinone Free
1. After the peel solution has been absorbed into the skin, customize the protocol with a combination of corrective daily care products to address your patient’s particular concerns and skincare goals.
A suggested combination to hydrate the skin and soothe any inflammation from breakouts or residual redness would be to blend one or two pumps each of Anti Redness Serum blended with Hydrating Serum and applied to the treatment area.
Retinoid booster (optional)
1. Advanced Treatment Booster – (two pumps) and Intensive Clarity Treatment®: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night (pea-sized) – Blend together and gently spread the product over the area of treatment, keeping application even and thin.
Note: If this step is not performed, then Intensive Clarity Treatment®: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night may be applied during the correct step.
- Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Most patients will not have any sensitivity to this product.
- The maximum number of layers is one.
Hydrate and Protect
2. Clearskin and Weightless Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 45 – Complete the treatment with this combination to calm, hydrate and protect the skin from UVA and UVB exposure.
3. Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster – Finish with a liberal application to improve hydration and reduce the appearance of lip lines.
Note: Apply Weightless Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 45 prior to applying Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster to protect the lips from UVA and UVB exposure.