1. Facial Wash and Creamy Cleanser – Combine and cleanse the area of treatment thoroughly, remove with warm water and pat dry.
2. Nutrient Toner or Hydrating Toner – Apply with a cotton pad to prep the skin. Allow the skin to dry. This product may sting or tingle on some individuals. Asses sensitivity by asking the patient, “On a scale of one to ten, ten being extremely active, how do you rate this sensation?”
3. Clarify: Therapeutic Salicylic Acid Mask – Apply a thin layer to the area of treatment using gloved hands, enough to cover the face. Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Allow the mask to remain on the skin for up to 10 minutes. Remove completely with cotton pads moistened with warm water.
Note: If the patient is dry or more sensitive to the activity of this mask, you may mix it with equal parts of the Hydrate: Therapeutic Oat Milk Mask.
4. Nutrient Toner or Hydrating Toner – Apply with a cotton pad to remove any excess. Allow the skin to dry.
5. Detoxifying Pore Treatment – Before using, gently agitate the product and dispense a generous amount into your peels dish. Using your small fan brush, apply onto the areas of treatment, concentrating on areas of breakouts, if any. Using gloved hands, gently massage the product into the skin for approximately five to eight minutes. You may apply more Detoxifying Pore Treatment to continue your massage if product dries on the skin.
Note: Do not use steam, as a peel is being incorporated into this treatment.
- Use the scale of 1 to 10 to gauge sensitivity. Fan the skin to keep the patient cool. Allow Detoxifying Pore Treatment to penetrate. The skin will have a slightly flushed appearance.
- The maximum number of layers is one. Detoxifying Pore Treatment should be allowed to remain on the skin.
6. Ultra Peel®
- Before using, gently agitate the product. Apply the first layer with a cotton pad.
- Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Fan the skin to keep the patient cool between layers. If the patient responds six or higher, do not proceed with another layer. If the patient’s response is between one and five, proceed with another layer.
- Wait until the patient’s sensitivity begins to subside before applying the next layer.
- The patient will begin to rate lower on the scale of one to ten approximately one to five minutes after each layer is applied.
- The total number of layers is determined by the needs, goals and individual sensitivity of the patient.
- The maximum number of layers is four.
7. After the peel solution has been absorbed into the skin, customize the protocol with a combination of corrective daily care products to address your patient’s particular concerns and skincare goals. A suggested combination to hydrate the skin and soothe any inflammation from breakouts or residual redness would be to blend one or two pumps each of Anti-Redness Serum blended with Hydrating Serum and applied to the treatment area.
Retinoid booster (optional)
8. Advanced Treatment Booster – (two pumps) and Intensive Clarity Treatment®: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night or Intensive Age Refining Treatment®: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night (pea-sized) – Blend together and gently spread the product over the area of treatment, keeping application even and thin. Note: If this step is not performed, then Intensive Clarity Treatment®: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night or Intensive Age Refining Treatment®: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night may be applied during the correct step.
- Use the scale of one to ten to gauge sensitivity. Most patients will not have any sensitivity to this product.
- The maximum number of layers is one.
Hydrate and Protect
9. ReBalance, Clearskin and the appropriate PCA SKIN® broad spectrum SPF product – Complete the treatment with this combination to calm, hydrate and protect the skin from UVA and UVB exposure.
10. Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster – Finish with a liberal application to improve hydration and reduce the appearance of lip lines. Note: Apply the appropriate PCA SKIN broad spectrum SPF product prior to applying Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster to protect the lips from UVA and UVB exposure.
Note: For more advanced treatments, the 4% or 6% Pure Retinol Peel may be used during the optional retinoid boost step. If you choose this option, it is not recommended to mix anything in with either Pure Retinol Peel, and to be sure to inform patients that visible exfoliation may last up to 10 days. Intensive Clarity Treatment®: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night or Intensive Age Refining Treatment®: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night may be applied during the correct step.